Thursday, August 5, 2010

Officially, I have lost my mind.

It has been absolutely crazy around here lately and no that is not because we have a baby. In fact, I am beginning to think that Cara has lied to me and is not actually pregnant but just getting fat. Hmmph!

My car has decided that it wasn't getting nowhere near enough attention so it blew out a tire last month, killed a battery, and then just to add insult to injury.. demanded a new starter. But those things worked out okay and all total came up to under $500 so I was feeling pretty good about the whole thing.

And then Chad's truck decided to get jealous and wanted new tie rods and a bunch of other stuff that goes along with that. Total cost, a bit more than $500...sigh. $1000 in two months for car stuff is just not cool.

The truck is being fixed now and we are hoping to get it back tomorrow. This is not a good time to be down to one vehicle, especially since Chad is working 45 miles away and Cara could go into labor at any time.

School is going to be starting on the 23rd and I am not looking forward to it. Last year was so stressful that I just don't want to have to deal with the Cody's grades. Not to mention the eleventy gazillion dollars that will be spent on school clothes, shoes, backpacks, and other school supplies. Sigh.

Proof positive that I have totally lost it.....

I was driving to Waco the other day and every once in awhile would get a whiff of what smelled like cologne or something. I was the only person in the car so this was really disconcerting. At times I would smell it a bit stronger and it was driving me totally crazy. Flash forward to a couple hours later, I stopped at a friend's store and Chad saw my car and stopped. We stayed for a couple minutes chatting and then left and when he went to kiss me goodbye he looked at me and said, "Hey, that smell is coming from you!"
Apparently when I straightened my hair that morning, instead of using my tube of hair gel I used his tube of aftershave. No wonder it was doing a crappy job of keeping my hair straight...sigh.

No comments:

Post a Comment