Thursday, June 24, 2010

Here, let me just open my wallet for you and you take what you need

I’m not 100% sure how but I have apparently pissed off the Money Gods lately because everyone seems to want mine!

Example #1 The stupid coffee table. I went down to find out how much I would have to spend to replace the glass in the table because it was driving me crazy. They claim it is going to cost almost $150 just to replace the glass in it with the matching glass for the panels that didn't break. But I can get a cheaper glass to put in it for all three panels for only $140! Gee thanks! Guess I will just do a few extra projects for a new coffee table fund. Sigh.

Example #2 My stupid tire blew out on the highway while I was doing 70. This pisses me off at numerous levels because first, the tire was a fairly new. Unfortunately, the place we got it at is an 8 hour drive away so the warranty they came with is fairly useless. The diagnosis for why the tire blew up? Why, because it’s Texas of course and it’s hot. I had to buy a new tire for $140 because it’s hot in Texas???? What kind of shit is that?

Example #3 Cody has decided that after the month of the pretty constant eating that he has done (does anyone else in the world have to spend over $800 a month for a family of 3 at the grocery store????) that now would be the best time in the world for him to grow 2 inches. Would it have been too much to ask him to wait until closer to the beginning of school before I had to buy him new clothes?

Example #4 The IRS has been kind enough to pull out my tax return for last year and “Oops, lookie there! You made a mistake! That will be $7 for the mistake and another $85 for the penalties” Assholes.

Example #5 Guess who’s cap is getting loose on his tooth? Go ahead. Guess! Yep, you would guess correctly. That would be Cody who just got the stupid cap last year when one of his friends was screwing around and he broke his tooth on a chair. At least this time I have dental insurance that I pay out the ass for and covers about 20 cents of anything that he goes into the dentist office for.

I give up. Is this week over yet?

No comments:

Post a Comment